The Swiss School of Management’s MBA in Strategic Management & Leadership provides learners with 56 ECTS of the 60 ECTS credits required to achieve a complete MBA. The remaining 4 ECTS will be awarded by completing and defending your final project/thesis. The program itself is made up of 14 interactive modules and 8 written assignments, with approximately 40 guided learning hours per module. All modules have an additional 30-50 learning hours of optional materials that comprise of recommended exercises, recommended readings, Internet resources, and self-testing exercises. You will also have access to support, tutoring, and a variety of other support mechanisms.
On completion of the modules, students will be given access to the assignments. The assignments are approximately 5,000-8,000 words each. Students are provided support on the modules and assignments via the ‘Tutor’ section of the learning platform.
Final Project work
By the end of the MBA program, you will be able to apply what you have learnt to your company, and elaborate your own business project. You will raise your own questions, decide on methods that can be used and, by a comprehensive analysis, conclude to your own recommendations. The summary of the business project, called thesis, should present an original argument, business case or business plan that is carefully documented from primary and/or secondary sources.
The thesis must have a substantial research component and a focus that falls within the scope of topics studied during your specialization. It must be written under the guidance of an advisor who is knowledgeable in this area of study. As the final element in the master’s degree, the thesis gives you an opportunity to demonstrate expertise in the chosen research area. The thesis should present and investigate a hypothesis or a research question.
Alternatively, you can construct a business plan. A business plan is a formal statement of a set of business goals, the reasons they are believed attainable, and the plan for reaching those goals. It includes a description of a company or small business, its services and/or products and how the business will achieve its goals.
The plan includes the overall budget, current and projected financing, a market analysis and its marketing strategy approach. In a business plan, a business owner projects revenues and expenses for a certain period of time and describes operational activity and costs related to the business.
The Assignment unit titles for MBA in Strategic Management & Leadership are:
- Strategic marketing
- Personal development for leadership and strategic management
- Organisational behaviour
- Strategic planning
- Research for strategic development
- Finance for strategic managers
- Strategic human resource management
- Corporate communication strategies
How will I be assessed?
Assessment at Swiss School of Management is a very straightforward process:
- After you have completed an online module, you will have an online assessment to complete. This assessment contains 30 multiple-choice questions. You will have one hour to complete these questions which are answered in sets of five so you will have plenty of time to review and edit your answers. After an hour the test will automatically time out.
- After you have completed the test, your results will be displayed immediately. If you have passed, you will receive a Certificate of Completion. If you didn’t pass, you will receive a notification of a “refer’’ where you will be told how to retake a module assessment. You can complete these modules at your own pace, as there is no deadline to complete the course.
What is included in the cost of my course?
- All course material, including online modules and written assignments
- Personal tutor support with 1-2-1 Skype sessions
- Assignment marking and feedback
Learners will explore the making and developing of powerful leaders.
Connecting and bonding with people within the commercial sectors is extremely important for good business. This module trains learners in skills to improve and enhance communication techniques to create strong bonds.
Inspiring people to create a unity of direction within business.
Doing the right things in the right way at the right time. Learners will look at the process of making a good decision.
What are my competitors doing, how are they doing it, why are they doing it? Reviewing and analysing competitor actions to enhance managerial roles.
Creating an effective and successful market presence. Looking at the development of marketing strategies to create successful marketing campaigns.
Understanding and using effective electronic messages to market.
Human Resource Management must play a central role in the strategy of any organization. It is concerned with people as an asset of the business.
Resources, tools and techniques to keep a finger on the pulse of the business.
Cash, cash flow and working capital. The lifeblood of business.
Resources, tools and ideas to help create an effective business strategy.
Options for strategic direction. Making the right choices for your business.
Getting things done. Using the right tools to run projects.
This module explores the different ideas of growth and the various tools, measures and controls at a managers disposal in planning for growth.
The Online MBA Program can be completed within 4 academic terms which equals a full academic year.
- Candidates seeking admission to the MBA program should hold a Bachelor’s degree or relevant Undergraduate degree.
- All MBA candidates must have a sound command of the English language; both spoken and written.
- Work-Experience is not necessary.
- The final decision concerning the acceptance in the MBA degree program rests with Swiss School of Management.
Cost of the program
|Application fee||€ 400 – due immediately, non refundable|
|Enrollment fee||€ 4,600 – due after Provisional Acceptance|
|First Installment||€ 3,500 – due after three months|
|Second Installment||€ 3,400 – due after six months|
|Third Installment||€ 3,400 – due after nine months|
|Total Tuition Fees:||€ 15,300|
€ 200 – due immediately, non refundable
€ 4,600 – due after Provisional Acceptance
€ 3,500 – due after three months
€ 3,400 – due after six months
€ 3,400 – due after nine months
Total Tuition Fees:
Fill out the entire application form electronically
Save word document
Send to email@example.com
NOTE: Do not fill in by hand and scan. Hand written forms will not be accepted.
Applications have to be sent to the following address:
Swiss School of Management – Admissions
Via Pellandini 4
CH-6500 Bellinzona, Switzerland
Apply for the Online MBA Program
Fill out the application form for the SSM program and send it back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the process of applying.
Note: Application will not be reviewed until all documents have been received electronically and the application fee has been received.